METFOR G2 FORTE
₨ 145.00 (-10%)
- METFOR G2 FORTE is used in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- It helps to control the high blood sugar.
Metfor G2 Forte is the combination of metformin and glimepiride as an active ingredient.
- Decreases hepatic glucose production; decreases GI glucose absorption; increases target cell insulin sensitivity
- Glimepiride blocks the sulphonylurea receptor.This leads to closure of potassium channel and results in opening of calcium channel.There is rapid influx of calcium in the cells.This results in translocation of insulin containing granules into the plasma and insulin is released.
It is for oral adminsitration.The tablet can be taken with breakfast or first main meal of the day. The tablet must be swallowed whole and not chewed or crushed.
Don’t use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Metformin or any other component of this product.
- Severe renal impairment (GFR <30ml/min)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis