Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Gluride contains Glimepiride as the active ingredient which is an orally active blood sugar lowering medicine.
- This medicine belongs to a blood sugar lowering group of medicines called sulfonylurea.
- Gluride works by increasing the amount of insulin released from your pancreas.
- The insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
- It is used to treat a certain form of diabetes (type 2 diabetes mellitus) when diet, physical exercise and weight reduction alone have not been able to control your blood sugar levels.
Mode Of Action:
Glimepiride stimulates the insulin release from pancreatic ?-cells and reduces glucose output from the liver. It also increases insulin sensitivity at peripheral target sites.
- Type 2 DM
- Diabetic ketoacidosis with or without coma.
There are no reviews yet.