Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- METFOR 500MG TABLET is primarily used to lower blood glucose levels in people with Type 2 Diabetes.
- This medicine is also effectively used to delay the onset of diabetes in association with change in diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Metformin is a biguanide w/ antihyperglycaemic effects, lowering both basal and postprandial plasma glucose.
- It decreases hepatic glucose production by inhibiting gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis; delays intestinal absorption of glucose; and enhances insulin sensitivity by increasing peripheral glucose uptake and utilisation.
- Type 2 DM
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome