Siptin M Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Siptin M contains two different medicines called sitagliptin and metformin.
– Sitagliptin belongs to a class of medicines called DPP-4 inhibitors (dipeptidylpeptidase-4 inhibitors)
– Metformin belongs to a class of medicines called biguanides.
- Metformin works by decreasing glucose (sugar) production in the liver and decreasing absorption of glucose by the intestines.
- Sitagliptin works by regulating the levels of insulin in the body produced after eating.
- They work together to control blood sugar levels in adult patients with a form of diabetes called ‘type 2 diabetes mellitus’.
- This medicine helps to increase the levels of insulin produced after a meal and lowers the amount of sugar made by your body.
- Along with diet and exercise, this medicine helps lower your blood sugar.
- This medicine can be used alone or with certain other medicines for diabetes (insulin, sulphonylureas, or glitazones)