SPIRULINA POWDER 150GM
₨ 1,150.00 (-10%)
- It is considered a complete source of high-quality protein and is often compared to eggs for the amount of protein per gram. The protein in Spirulina is highly usable and has a net protein utilization rate of between 50-61%. Also called Thiamin, this vitamin is necessary for the digestion of fats and proteins. It is often taken for increased energy, eye health, brain function and for improving nerve functioning.
- Spirulina is a favorite food for vegetarians and vegans because it is one of the best plant sources of iron. Even for those who consume meat, it has a highly absorbable form of iron that is gentle on the digestive system. Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk.
- Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which has gotten a lot of attention for its anti-inflammatory properties, especially when taken with other quality Omega-3 supplements. GLA is difficult to find in a food source and normally has to be created by the body. Spirulina is one of the few foods with a natural GLA content.
- Spirulina is a fantastic source of antioxidants, which can protect against oxidative damage. The main active component is called phycocyanin. This antioxidant substance also gives spirulina its unique blue-green color.
- People who regularly consumes spirulina noticed a reduction in nasal congestion, itching, and sneezing. It is also extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system. Spirulina is known to increase fat burning during exercise. Its high antioxidant content makes it beneficial in reducing exercise induced oxidation which leads to muscle fatigue and inability to gain muscle.
Spirulina is well regarded as one of the nature’s superfoods due to its wide spectrum of nutritional content. Its chemical makeup is 65% amino acids, including essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA). It is also a rich source of many essential nutrients and vitamins, including protein, vitamins B complex and chlorophyll, which are required by the body for optimal performance.
Spirulina has been commonly used as a nutritional supplement to boost body performance, immune system as well as for those who are unable to obtain sufficient calories and protein through diet alone.
Ideal for athletics, people who are actively engage in physical sports or activities and vegetarians.