Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
If you have hypertension (high blood pressure), Resert lowers your blood pressure. If you have hypertension with left ventricular hypertrophy, this medicine can reduce the risk of a stroke.
- Resert contains Losartan as an active ingredient which belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin-II receptor antagonists.
- It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
- Angiotensin II is a chemical in your body, which tightens your blood vessels making it harder for the blood to pass through them and causes your blood pressure to increase.
- Resert blocks this effect, causing the blood vessels to relax and so lowers your blood pressure.
This is used for:
- to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) in adults and in children and adolescents 6- 18 years of age
- to protect the kidney in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients with laboratory evidence of impaired renal function and proteinuria ≥ 0.5mg per day (a condition in which urine contains an abnormal amount of protein)
- to reduce the risk of stroke in hypertension with left ventricular hypertrophy (thickening of the heart muscle)
- to treat chronic heart failure when treatment with ACE inhibitors (angiotensin- converting enzyme inhibitors – also used to lower blood pressure) is not considered suitable by your doctor.