Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Mineral deficiency
- Vitamins and minerals are essential for normal metabolic functions including hematopoiesis.
- The members of Vitamin B-group are components of enzyme system that regulates various stages of carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism, each of the components playing a specific biological role.
- Vitamin C is involved in tissue repair and collagen formation.
- Vitamin A plays an essential role in the function of retina and is essential for growh and differentiation of epithelial tissue.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant which preserves essential cellular constituents.
- Vitamin D is supplemented for prevention and cure of nutritional and metabolic rickets and for treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- Iron, copper, manganese and zinc serve as catalysts in enzyme systems which perform vital cellular functions.
- Potassium and calcium are essential for normal excitability of muscle tissue, specially cardiac muscle.
- Iodine is essential in the development and functioning of the thyroid gland and for formation of thyroxine hormone.