₨ 600.00 (-5%)
Chymosin is used to treat inflammatory symptoms (pain, swelling) and promotes speedy recovery of tissue injury. It is commonly used in the treatment and prevention of:
- Oedema (swelling) due to inflammation and trauma
- Surgical trauma
- Cataract surgery
- Asthma, bronchitis (to help thinning of mucus and thus helping in its removal)
- Muscle or joint injury associated with swelling
- After Caesarean delivery
- In dentistry following a tooth extraction or in cases of periapical infection
Chymosin causes proteolysis by breaking down proteins into peptones and into smaller fragments called amino acids. The peptones and amino acids are absorbed by the cells of the small walls.
- Trypsin and Chymotrypsin present in Chymosin are active enzymes.
- These enzymes have anti-inflammatory, anti-oedematous, anti-oxidant and fibrinolytic properties which help in resolving signs of inflammation and thus speeding up the recovery.