ZOXPIN 450 is an anticonvulsant.
It works by decreasing nerve impulses that cause seizures and pain.
Zoxpin is used either alone or with other medicines to treat partial seizures.
It is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Don’t use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem, heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine
- Don’t double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness so avoid any activity that requires concentration unless you know how the medicine acts on you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can worsen the side effects.
- It may increase the risk of low sodium levels in the blood. Inform your doctor if you develop difficulty concentrating, memory problems, confusion, weakness, and unsteadiness.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Practice yoga and have good sleep time. Following such healthy tips can help you prevent seizures.