Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
KETANOL 2% SOLUTION 50ml
GENERIC NAME: Ketoconazole Solution 2%
BRAND NAME: Ketanol 2% solution
- Ketoconazole 1.9%, 2%
- In patients who have been on prolonged treatment with topical corticosteroids, it is recommended that the steroid therapy be gradually withdrawn over a period of 2 to 3 weeks, while using Ketoconazole 2% shampoo to prevent any potential rebound effect.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If the shampoo enters the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp
- Pityriasis versicolor
- Known hypersensitivity to ketoconazole or any of the excipients.
To use the Ketoconazole shampoo, follow these steps:
- Use a small amount of water to wet the area where Ketoconazole shampoo is to be applied.
- Apply the shampoo to the affected skin/scalp and a large area around it.
- Use fingers to rub the shampoo until it forms lather.
- Leave the shampoo on skin/scalp for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the shampoo off skin/scalp with water.
- Pityriasis versicolor: once daily for 5 days.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis and Pityriasis capitis: twice weekly for 2 to 4 weeks.
- Prophylaxis: Pityriasis versicolor: once daily for 3 days during a single treatment course before the summer.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis and Pityriasis capitis: once every 1 or 2 weeks.