Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
GENERIC NAME: Isosorbide Mononitrate Tablets
BRAND NAME: Isotrate 10mg
- ISOTRATE 10 belongs to a nitrate family that dilates (widens) blood vessels, making easier for blood to flow through them and easier for the heart to pump.
- It is used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain), but will not treat an angina attack that has already begun.
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
Mode Of Action:
- Isosorbide mononitrate relaxes vascular smooth muscles by stimulating cyclic-GMP.
- It decreases left ventricular pressure (preload) and arterial resistance (afterload).
- Severe renal or severe hepatic impairment, hypothyroidism, malnutrition, or hypothermia. Caution in patients who are already hypotensive. May aggravate angina caused by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Tolerance may develop after long-term treatment. Lactation. Lactation: Unknown whether drug crosses into breast milk; use caution
- Angina pectoris
- Severe hypotension or anaemia, hypovolaemia, heart failure due to obstruction, or raised intracranial pressure due to head trauma or cerebral haemorrhage.
- Adult: PO 20 mg 2-3 times/day. Usual range: 20-120 mg/day. As LA form: One capsule once daily.