Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Generic Name: Mometasone Furoate Cream
Brand Name: Metasone Cream
Dosage Form: Cream
- Mometasone Furoate 0.1% Topical
- If irritation develops with the use of Mometasone Furoate cream, treatment should be discontinued.
- Corticosteroid- responsive dermatoses
- The drug is contraindicated in individuals with a history of sensitivity reactions to Mometasone or any of the components of the preparation.
- A thin film of Mometasone Furoate cream should be applied to the affected skin areas once daily.
- Safety and effectiveness in paediatric patients below 2 years of age have not been established.
Common Side Effects:
- Rosacea and skin atrophy may occur.
Mode Of Action:
- Mometasone depresses the formation, release and activity of endogenous inflammatory chemical mediators (e.g. kinins, histamine, liposomal enzymes and prostaglandin). It inhibits the margination and subsequent cell migration to the injury site, reverses vascular dilatation