Each uncoated Lonazep 0.5 mg tablet contains Clonazepam IP 0.5 mg.
LONAZEP is in a class of medication called benzodiazepine. It is mainly used to control certain type of seizure & also to relieve panic attacks.
LONAZEP acts by binding to the benzodiazepine site of the GABA receptors, which enhances the electric effect of GABA binding on neurons, resulting in an increased influx of chloride ions into the neurons. This further results in an inhibition of synaptic transmission across the central nervous system.
Usage Direction of Lonazep 0.5 mg Tablet :
- Lonazep 0.5 mg tablet should be taken orally.
- Lonazep 0.5 mg tablet is taken whole with the help of water.
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
- Do not stop or skip the medicine without physician’s advice.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed quantity.
Precaution & Related Information of Lonazep 0.5 mg Tablet :
- If allergic to this medicine inform the physician immediately.
- If find any other complication inform the physician immediately.
- Consult with the physician during pregnancy & lactation.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not store above 30°C, protect from moisture.
Precautions should be taken in following cases:
•Open angle glaucoma
•Chronic pulmonary insufficiency
•Spinal or cerebellar ataxia
•History of alcohol or drug addiction and depression and/or suicide attempts