Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
PROTOGYL FORTE 400mg
- Treatment of serious infections caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria;
- Prophylaxis of postoperative infection in patients undergoing colorectal surgery;
- Treatment of amebiasis;
- Treatment of trichomoniasis and asymptomatic partners of infected patients;
- Bacterial vaginosis.
PRTOGYL FORTE enters bacterial or protozoal cell and impairs synthesis of DNA, resulting in cell death.
Anticoagulants: Anticoagulant effect may be increased.
Barbiturates: Therapeutic failure of metronidazole may occur.
Disulfiram: Concurrent use may result in acute psychosis or confusional state. Metronidazole should not be given to patients who have taken disulfiram within last 2 wk.
Ethanol: Disulfiram-like reaction including flushing, palpitations, tachycardia, nausea, and vomiting may occur with concurrent use.
Do not use aluminum-containing equipment with metronidazole because solution will turn orange/rust color.
- Hypersensitivity to nitroimidazole derivatives
- First trimester of pregnancy in patients with trichomoniasis.
There are no reviews yet.